职场英语:今天升职后我请客
Jane:I was really glad to hear about your promotion. Congratulations!
听说你最近升职了,恭喜你!
Jim:Thanks, Jane. I was really surprised. I mean there were a lot of qualified people out there.
谢谢你,简。我太惊讶了。我的意思是还有很多其他优秀的人才。
Jane:Sure, but the work you did was really exceptional! You definitely deserved it!
确实是这样的,但是你做的工作是独一无二的!这是你应得的。
Jim:Thanks a lot.
真是太谢谢你了。
Jane:You are always responsible and careful.
你非常负责,而且也非常细心。
Jim:Jane, I appreciate it very much. I expect to see you get nominated pretty soon, too. You’ve been doing some great work!
简,真是非常感谢你的夸奖。我希望不久你也能被提名。你工作也一直非常认真。
Jane:Thank you. I’ll try my best. By the way, when do you take over the new position?
谢谢。我会尽力的。对了,那你什么时候上任呢?
Jim:Next month.
下个月。
Jane:So what are you responsible for?
那你主要负责什么样的工作呢?
Jim:I’m going to manage the whole accounts department.
我要负责整个财务室。
Jane:So you must get higher pay than before.
那你的工资应该比以前要高吧。
Jim:Yes, the company will also give me a prize of 1,000 Yuan.
是的,公司还会给我1,000元钱作为奖金。
Jane:1,000 Yuan? That’s great! So…
1,000块?很不错哦!那……
Jim:OK, I know what you mean. It’s my treat.
好了,我知道你的意思。今天我请客。
Jane:Really? Can I order anything I want?
真的吗?那我想点什么都可以吗?
Jim:Of course. Let’s go.
当然啦,我们走吧。